Annual meeting: (07-09 October 2016) Joint Conference of the Hellenic Crystallographic Association and the
Hellenic Society for Computational Biology and BioinformaticsHECRA-HSCBB16
|The Hellenic Society for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (HSCBB) is incorporated in Athens as a scientific society.
HSCBB currently serves over 600 members from several Universities and Research Institutes throughout Greece.
According to the statutes
of the HSCBB, aims of the Society are:
- Promoting computational biology, bioinformatics and related disciplines.
- Provision for the exploitation of the research potential and infrastructure related to computational biology and bioinformatics.
- Representation of Greece in international scientific organizations, international conventions, meetings, conferences, committees, etc., related to computational biology and bioinformatics.
- Undertaking projects in the field of computational biology and bioinformatics.
- Organizing national and international conferences, seminars, lectures and talks subjects related to computational biology and bioinformatics.
- Collaboration with counterparts in other countries, for enhancing research in computational biology and bioinformatics.
- Enlightenment of the scientific world and the decision makers regarding the field, its applications and potential.
- Quest - exploitation of funding opportunities for research programs in computational biology and bioinformatics, as well as the development of suitable mechanisms for dissemination of the findings of this research.
- The Society may issue annals, scientific journals, conference proceedings or other printed material, where scientific activities of its members or the minutes of its board may be published.